Graphically Speaking is looking for a Systems Administrator Specialist to setup hosting for our many web development clients and to manage our internal systems. When not working in this capacity we hope the individual will be able to assist our team in certain technical aspects of our web development process. This is a full-time permanent position.
Graphically Speaking is the second largest web development company in Greater Vancouver. With many thousands of clients and over 300 active projects being developed during any one time, we require a vast variety of ongoing support across a broad range of internet and intranet based infrastructures.
Our clients primarily consist of medium to large professional businesses. Please visit our website to see some of the work at www.graphicallyspeaking.ca. With such a large variety of clients, Graphically Speaking works with most common internet and intranet hosting and technology environments.
While Graphically Speaking does not offer hosting services directly to our clients, we provide a full range of support services including management and assistance with their existing or newly recommended hosting infrastructures, whether shared, managed or dedicated systems. The ability to handle multiple projects and complexity across many environments at the same time is a necessity.
- Provide Tier 1 & 2 Hosting technical support
- Work with our clients hosting companies to resolve challenges
- Assist with the management of our internal computer infrastructures & software
- Take on additional web development tasks that fit your abilities
- Monitor and maintain internal servers and backups
- Provide helpdesk services to our internal users
- Minimum of 3-4 years experience
- Microsoft 2008-2012 server experience
- Microsoft Exchange and Group Policy
- MS SQL and MySQL administration
- Linux LAMP servers
- Strong focus on Internet infrastructure and hosting
- Experience with WHM/cPanel, Plesk and other hosting platforms and cloud services
- Strong understanding of networking fundamentals (DNS, Firewalls, VPNs, routing)
- Clear and professional spoken and written English
- Ability to handle multiple projects across many environments
Salary & Income:
- This is for a full time, permanent long term position
- 40+ hours / week, on-site
- Monday – Friday
- Very occasional weekends may be required during emergencies
- Salary based on experience
- Expected Benefits: medical/dental, flexible hours
Why Graphically Speaking:
Graphically Speaking offers an environment unlike most. We are dedicated to having a friendly and comfortable workplace, with semi-flexible hours. We have such a large number of projects and clients that there is always something new which allows for a large diversity of not only work, but also environments to learn and grow in.
We provide opportunities for our employees to grow and expand outside of their specialty into other related areas as they desire.
How to Apply:
Please send resumes, cover letters and samples of past work to:
No phone calls please