October 04, 2022
Why Website Speed Matters in 2022
The Importance of Website Speed in 2022
A visitors first impression of a website and business is influenced by its speed. The optimal page load speed is 3 seconds, which is very rarely accomplished according to statistics.
Conversions are affected by speed
Walmart saw a 2% increase in conversion rates for every 1 second improvement in page load times.
SEO ranking is affected by speed
Google has indicated that site speed and page core web vitals are a major signal used by its algorithm to rank pages.
Usability is affected by speed
1 in 4 visitors would abandon the website if it takes more than 4 second to load. 46% of users don’t revisit poorly performing websites.
15 Effective Ways to Optimize Your Website Speed:
- Use a professional hosting company to reduce server response time
- Use a content delivery network (CDN)
- Optimize HTTP requests
- Use caching within your website
- Audit the performance of your website plugins
- Run a compression audit and compress the pages and images accordingly
- Use an optimized theme
- Minimize time to first byte
- Optimize databases
- Upgrade to latest PHP or software version
- Use HTML fonts
- Prioritize above the fold content by using Lazy Load
- Minimize re-directs
"Countless research proves that optimizing your sites speed is one of the most affordable and highest ROI providing investments!"
Tools to Measure Your Website Speed Performance and Provide Recommendations:
- Google Page Speed Insights
- Plugin Performance Profiler for WordPress
Monitor Your Website Speed Over Time
Things change on your website and you need to monitor your web performance regularly to ensure conversions and usability are not negatively impacted.
Get your website speed optimized by qualified professionals. Contact our digital experts today!